How to Care for Leather Products?
How should the care of leather, which is a living material that you can use for years, should be?
- First of all, considering that the skin is a living creature, it should not be exposed to direct sunlight for a long time. As the color of the skin, which is exposed to direct sunlight, fades, sun spots will form on it.
- Any product made of leather should never be cleaned by holding it under water. The reason for this is; The nature of the skin is water permeable. Heating devices such as heaters, hair dryers, and heaters should not be used when drying your leather materials that have been exposed to rain water or snow. In order not to scratch the leather product, it should be left to dry on its own after gently drying it with the help of a cotton cloth.
- Leather is a breathable material. It should not be stored in airtight environments. In order not to break when you put it in the wardrobe; You can fill it with newspaper.
- You can use a slightly damp cotton cloth to dust it daily. In fact, one of the best cleaning methods is to clean by hand. Because; It cleans the skin best. You can help repair and refresh the skin by applying Vaseline once a week.
- If your leather wallet or leather bag is in direct contact with your skin in summer; You should not use perfume or cream-like chemicals on the contact area. Such substances cause stains on your bag or wallet.
- You should clean suede and nubuck products with their own care materials.
Leather dust, which is formed as a result of sanding and grinding nubuck or suede products during production, can contaminate light-colored textile products. These dust residues will disappear as the product is worn. For this reason, we recommend you to wear it with the same color textile products for the first time. You can remove the dust crumbs by aerating the hairs of your product with a sponge or a soft brush.
Depending on the frequency of use, a natural color darkening can be observed in the product. The scars and wrinkles you can see on the skin surface are from the natural structure of the skin. The tonal differences in its color are the factors that prove its naturalness. This feature of the leather does not affect the durability and reliability of the product and shows its natural beauty. You can see all the traces of nature on it.